Restore Firefox tab windows every time
Configuring session restore
By default, when Firefox starts, a single window is opened, displaying your specified home page. If you wish, you can configure Firefox to open all windows and tabs from your previous session:
- On the menu bar, click on the Firefox menu and select Preferences…
- Select the General panel.
- From the When Firefox starts drop-down, select Show my windows and tabs from last time.
- Close the Preferences window
Session Restore may keep you logged in to sites that you were logged into before you closed Firefox. If someone else used your computer after you, they could access your account on these sites. If this is a concern then you should not configure Firefox to open all windows and tabs from your previous session.
You may also wish to disable the Session Restore crash recovery feature which is enabled by default. This will prevent restoring a previous session when Firefox is opened after an unexpected close or software crash:
- In the Location bar, type about:config and press Return.
- The about:config “This might void your warranty!” warning page may appear. Click I’ll be careful, I promise! to continue to the about:config page.
- In the Search box at the top, type browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash.
- In the resulting grid, double-click on browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash to set it to false.