Turn on the snap-to options
- On the Home tab, in the Drawing group, click Arrange, point to Align, and then click Grid Settings.
Tip You can also right-click on an empty area of the slide (not a placeholder) or the margin around the slide, and then click Grid and Guides.
- Do one or both of the following:
- To position shapes or objects to the closest intersection of the grid, under Snap to, select the Snap objects to grid check box.
- To position shapes or objects to grid lines that go through the vertical and horizontal edges of other shapes or objects, under Snap to, select the Snap objects to other objects check box.
- To temporarily override the snap-to options, hold down ALT while you drag the shape or object.
- If you want the current settings in the Grid and Guide dialog box to be the default settings for all presentations, rather than just this one, click Set as Default.
- If the Snap objects to grid check box is selected, you can draw in straight lines when you draw a freeform shape.