Filtering Text in Excel 2008-2011 for Mac
- Click a cell in the range or table that you want to filter.
- On the Standard toolbar, click Filter .
- Click the arrow in the column that contains the content that you want to filter.
- Under Filter, click Choose One, and then in the pop-up menu, do one of the following:
|To filter the range for||Click|
|Rows that contain specific text||Contains or Equals.|
|Rows that do not contain specific text||Does Not contain or Does Not equal.|
- In the box next to the pop-up menu, enter the text that you want to use.
- Depending on your choice, you may be offered additional criteria to select:
|Filter the table column or selection so that both criteria must be true||And.|
|Filter the table column or selection so that either or both criteria can be true||Or.|