How to Create a Chart or Graph in PowerPoint 2007-2013
Create a chart or graph in a presentation
To create a chart or graph in PowerPoint 2010, do the following:
- In PowerPoint, click the placeholder into which you want to insert a chart or graph.
- Do one of the following:
- On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, click Chart.
- In the placeholder, click Insert Chart .
- Click the chart or graph type that you want and click OK.
A Microsoft Excel worksheet with some sample data opens in a new window. To replace the sample data, click a cell on the worksheet and enter your data. You can also replace the sample axis labels in Column A and the legend entry name in Row 1.
- When you have input all data that you want in the Excel worksheet, click the File tab and then click Close. The chart in PowerPoint is automatically updated with the new data.
You can modify the chart in PowerPoint, including changes to appearance, size or position. Click the chart, then on the green Chart Tools contextual tab, use the Design, Layout or Format tab to make changes. To add animation effects to the chart, use tools on the Animations tab.
You can change chart data in PowerPoint. Click the chart, then on the green Chart Tools contextual tab, on the Design tab, click Edit Data.
Tip Some types of charts, such as organization charts, flow charts, hierarchical diagrams, or showing repetitive information, might be more easily and effectively created using SmartArt.